Spousal Sponsorship
Spousal Sponsorship in Canada - Navigate spousal sponsorship in Canada with ease. Trust Astrox Immigration for expert guidance and support throughout the process.

Spouse Open Work Permit

Canadian citizens or permanent residents who meet the eligibility criteria can sponsor their spouse, common-law or conjugal partner to become permanent residents of Canada.

  • What is a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP)

    A spouse open work permit (SOWP) lets the husband, wife, or common-law partner of someone with a work or study permit in Canada work for any eligible employer. Because this is an open work permit, it’s not tied to a specific employer, therefore you don’t require a job offer before applying.

  • You may be eligible for a Spouse Open Work Permit

    • If your spouse (or common-law partner) has a Canadian work permit – you may qualify to apply for a SOWP under an LMIA exemption category (C41). (most work permit categories fall under this exemption*)

    • If your spouse (or common-law partner) has a Canadian study permit – If your spouse or common-law partner is a full-time student enrolled in a Master’s or PhD study program that allows them to qualify for a post-graduate work permit after the completion of their course.

Add Your Comment